Thursday, April 14, 2011

Vices

Everybody has their vices, my favorite vices at the moment are Ice Cream (because I have tried to cut my consumption in half, its hard when your friend works at Baskin Robbins) , art(the hours of studying of a picture leads my mind down paths that sometimes are too long to follow and sometimes they come up short) , and french fries (most junk food is easy to resist accept those darn cafeteria french fries at Southwestern).

For now I have to admit that not all vices can be contained, some are necessary for mental well-being. For instance, art. It takes my mind away from the moment and leads to day dreaming but the places my mind goes can never be translated to canvas. I like that place, so what if I day dream and scribble little sketches on my notebook?

The food is necessary for a little enjoyment, you can't deny yourself all of life's physical pleasures is to deny yourself that which has the potential to make you happy. Food brings people together, polite arguing with a new friend over which ice cream flavor better bonds you, conversation over good food leads to lightening of the conversation. Sharing a meal means sharing a distinct part of yourself, your true unadulterated tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment